Lim made his bid for the club public this week just as they wereentering a High Court case against current owners Tom Hicks andGeorge Gillett. Liverpool agreed a sale with prospective buyers NewEngland Sports Ventures, but Lim trumped their £300millionoffer by tabling £320million with an extra £40million ontop for manager Roy Hodgson to spend on players. The ownership ofLiverpool is up in the air with the proposed £300million dealwith NESV delayed on Wednesday after Hicks and Gillett gained aninjunction in a Texas court to stop the sale of the Anfield outfit.Hicks and Gillett won the restraining order after the High Court inLondon ruled the American duo could not prevent a change ofownership. Lim has now left the path clear for NESV to securecontrol of Liverpool if they overturn the injunction afterrevealing Liverpool’s board and RBS bank have “chosen not torespond or to discuss” his offer for the club. “It has become clearto me that the Board is intent on selling the club to New EnglandSports Ventures (NESV) to the exclusion of all other parties,regardless of the merits of their bids,” Lim said in a statement.“In these circumstances, I am not able to proceed with my intentionto acquire the club.” Meanwhile,… Read full this story
- With no deal, Chargers withdraw offer to first-rounder Bosa
- Reds tick a handy first box in 2018
- Recruiting: Nebraska offers DB Javin Wright, son of former Husker Toby Wright
- How did the Reds turn their rugby around?
- Reds must fix discipline issues: Kerevi
- Reds lose three to injury for Super Rugby
- Yellow turns to red after player flicks card from ref’s hand
- Report: Red Sox have offered Martinez five years, $100M
- Glens left red-faced as Nixon says no to job offer
- Offseason In Review: Cincinnati Reds
Lim withdraws offer for Reds have 287 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 14, 2010. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.