With just one game left to go in the group stages and after two 1-1 draws, Italy are in the same boat as fellow European giants France, Germany, England and Spain who could all exit before the Round of 16. With just two points in Group F, the second-placed Italians must now beat Slovakia at Johannesburg’s Ellis Park on Thursday to guarantee a place in the last 16, but another draw would see them through if Paraguay beat New Zealand. But midfielder Daniele de Rossi says the Azzurri must raise their game significantly if they are to have any chance of defending their title. “We’ll have to improve quickly, because otherwise we won’t be going far,” he said on FIFA.com after the 1-1 draw with New Zealand. “We weren’t at our best and we can do a lot better than that. “We were lacking up front. We played the entire match in their half but we don’t have enough to show for it.” Italy are struggling to finish the chances they create which stems back to before the World Cup. During their last seven matches only one forward, Fabio Quagliarella, who is not even first choice, has scored a goal…
- Facebook's Oculus deal is Kickstarter's first billion-dollar exit
- AP Interview: Rossi back home in Spain for another comeback
- Italy swears in its new PM at the head of anti-EU populist government that is set to launch an immigrant crackdown, cut taxes but STAY in the Euro
- How Matteo Salvini pulled Italy to the far right
- Game of Thrones’ Mountain went from skinny to 150kg muscle mass. His secrets revealed
- Drake avoids collision with Golden State’s Andre Iguodala during NBA Finals Game 1 in Toronto
- "60 Minutes" goes behind the scenes on "Game of Thrones"
- Salvini's power grab backfires as Italy inches toward new government
- Europa League round-up: Sevilla suffer last-minute shock exit to Slavia Prague
- 49ers' Emmanuel Sanders exits 'Monday Night Football' early with rib injury, will not return
Italy must raise their game to avoid early exit: De Rossi have 326 words, post on at June 22, 2010. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.