I’m at the FTC’s “Journalism & Internet Age” Workshop in Washington DC today, where we’re expecting addresses from Rupert Murdoch and Arianna Huffington, along with Josh Cohen of Google News and a variety of panels. I’ll be on one of those panels later today. I’m going to do a big live blog of things I find interesting, and you can also watch the webcast via this page. Why is the FTC doing this workshop? FTC has policy functions assigned to it to investigate new developments in the marketplace and make legislative recommendations. With radio, recommended act that made the FCC. Workshop today intended to bring out more facts. “The bottom seems to be falling out of the news business” as consumers shift their habits. Though newspapers were still profitable overall in 2008; TV still main way people get information. But newsrooms of dailies may employ 25% fewer people. Was at the LA Times recently and felt sense of shock at rows of empty seats in what was bustling newsroom. Short term has played a factor, leveraged debt, recession, but “the internet is dramatically reducing revenue for news organizations.” Citing Pew report that problem papers face is revenue, decoupling of advertising…
- Coronavirus in Sport LIVE: Premier League vote on Monday, Bundesliga return REACTION, League Two set to cancel
- Coronavirus in Sport LIVE: Premier League NOT given green light, League One and Two LATEST, Bundesliga back
- Arsenal news LIVE: Thomas Partey transfer LATEST, Real Madrid want Aubameyang deal done in June, Saka to Liverpool
- Coronavirus in Sport LIVE: T20 World Cup ‘to be replaced by IPL in October’, Bundesliga, Premier League LATEST
- Gary Neville and Jamie Redknapp in stitches as Ranieri’s wife randomly appears on screen during live Sky Sports TV chat
- Virgin customers fume with TV Go app DOWN and unable to watch UFC 249… along with Wifi internet problems
- The man who 'nearly broke the internet'
- Facebook building a 23,000-mile-long undersea cable to bring high speed internet to 23 poorly served countries in Africa and the Middle East
- Farewell my fierce, fearless friend Lynn – your brilliant legacy will still save lives
- Ahmaud Arbery’s heartbroken mom says she hopes her son's killers spend the rest of their lives behind bars and reveals he was born on Mother's Day in 1994 so this weekend will be 'especially hard' without him
Live Blogging The FTC Workshop On Journalism & The Internet have 392 words, post on at November 30, 2009. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.