The Hanoi Times – Vietnamese and Danish artists will join together for the first ever street art festival scheduled to be held in Hanoi on November 3.
Singer Tung Duong and artists from Thang Long Ca tru Club, hip-hop dance group Big Toe, experimental artist Dao Anh Khanh and the Vietnam Circus Federation and famous artists and art groups from Denmark will perform at the Hanoi Street Art Festival which take place at Ly Thai To square garden from 2.30pm to 9pm.
Ly Thai To square garden will be re-decorated with four corners and one grand stage. At hip- hop and modern dance corner, the group Big Toe will perform together with Danish dance theatre group Uppercut. Experimental corner had been reserved for experimental artist Dao Anh Khanh and his prominent friends. At the traditional music and dance corner, Thang Long Ca tru Club will take the lead while the circus and theatre corner’s attractions will be the Vietnam circus and Danish theatre company Batida.
Performances will be organised spontaneously one after another, so everyone can join every single activity of the festival. A great show on the main stage in the evening will be the highlight of the festival. Famous Vietnamese performers like Tung Duong, young talented circus artists, dancers and famous Danish jazz musicians will present their most inspiring acts.
“This will be thefirst street
art festival for the public in Hanoi. And hopefully it will be organized annually. I want to be part of this initial remarkable event, that’s why I volunteered to perform free of charge”, said singer Tung Duong.
The Street Art Festival is one of the main culture programmes organised by the Embassy of Denmark, the People’s Committee of Hanoi and the Danish Arts Agency on the occasion of the DanishState visit to Vietnam in early November.
Danish Ambassador to Vietnam Peter Lysholt Hansen states The State visit is a good reason to promote culture exchanges between Vietnam and Denmark, and the Street Art Festival will inspire not only the participants but also the authorities and organisers to think of an annual street art festival.
- 6th Annual Sarasota Fall Fine Art Festival
- Nate Diaz ‘not surprised’ by epic street art immortalizing win over Conor McGregor
- Michigan International Speedway adds another artist to star-studded Keloorah festival
- 3rd Annual Tampa Bay Coffee & Art Fest Set For Oct. 6
- Sri Lanka Culture Festival Day boosts bilateral ties
- All Points East Festival lineup for Friday
- USF Contemporary Art Museum To Host 2-Person Exhibit
- 2nd Annual St. Armands Seafood & Music Festival
- Pretend you can fly at this Boylston Street Boston Marathon mural
- Lakewood Ranch Seafood & Music Festival