On June 24th, the central Phu Yen Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism held a press brief about the 7th cultural, sports and tourism festival of ethnic minority groups. The festival will take place from June 30th to July 4th with different activities, such as art performances, traditional cloth shows, gong performances, a culinary contest, a photo exhibition about the land and the people of Phu Yen province, an exhibition about antiques in the province.
The opening ceremony will be held in Tuy Hoa city on the evening of June 30th with the participation of more than 1000 artists from 32 artistic troupes, including a Chungbuk folk art troupe from the Republic of Korea.
Based on this, the province will select several performacnes to participate in the festival of culture, sports and tourism to be held in Hanoi by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism from August 22nd to 28th 2009.
- Culture-sport-tourism festival of Khmer people opens in Kien Giang
- HCM City to host Việt Nam- South Korea Culture, Tourism Festival
- Ho Chi Minh City’s photo exhibition features ethnic groups
- Typhoon Nakri forecast to strike land in Binh Dinh, Phu Yen
- People of Dong ethnic group celebrate song festival in Guizhou
- Pic story: traditional wrestling of Dong ethnic group passes down from generation to generation
- Exhibition on clothing culture of China's 56 ethnic groups opens in U.S.
- "Three Bowls of Tea": welcoming tradition of Bai ethnic group
- Delta govt not marginalizing any ethnic group, Aniagwu, Success tell Orubebe
- Don’t stigmatise a whole ethnic group to avoid conflagration, ACF warns