Spring is the best time for feeding your plants, and in most cases, adding organic compost is the best way of doing so, especially in dry climate gardens. Spring is the ideal time for feeding garden plants as this is the primary season for plant growth and development. No more is this the case than in Mediterranean and similarly dry climates, where the hot, arid summer causes many plants to enter into a mini-dormancy, where growth is minimal or ceases altogether. (as with Ice Plants for example) Not so long ago, home gardeners were put-off by the apparent technical complexity of calculating exact amounts of readily soluble chemical fertilizer. Excess dosages of chemical fertilizer can indeed damage a plant, which is one good reason for not using them at all, particularly as there is a far better way of providing nutrient to the garden plants. With the possible exception of feeding lawns, adding well-rotted organic compost provides most of the nutritional needs of the plants, albeit at a slower rate than chemical fertilizer. The real benefit of compost though, is less as a source of nutrient, but rather for the positive processes that it induces long term. These can be… Read full this story
- Prevent Garden Culprits and Pest Home Invaders Now and Throughout the Fall
- Here's why millennial's are turning into 'plant parents'
- Five Things to Know About the New 2018 BMW X3 and BMW Plant Spartanburg
- Don't Let Pests Move in This Fall
- To the moon and back with the eastern curlew
- Remembering the One and Only Uno
- 2012 Toyota Camry First Drive Review
- Gambler 500 Offers Cheap Excuse to Off-Road a 1983 Toyota Camry
- Dash to the desert adventure drive part 1: CAR+ archive, June 1978
- You're naturals! The most astonishing pictures - including the winning image of a red kite - from The Great British Wildlife Photography Challenge
Plant Nutrition in Mediterranean Climate Gardens – The Importance of Feeding in the Spring have 299 words, post on www.articlesfactory.com at May 1, 2009. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.