“Why should I invest in Commercial Real Estate?,” someone recently asked me. With the well-publicized drop in residential prices in some areas of the country, it might seem prudent to be avoiding real estate right now. Fortunately, all real estate is local, and San Antonio has actually been showing appreciation in prices, even though sales volume has slowed to merely what it was in 2005. But commercial real estate is a different animal altogether:First, commercial real estate is strictly property for businesses, i.e., retail centers, office buildings, warehouses, manufacturing sites, apartments, and land. Second, there is less of it than homes. There are about 14,500 pieces of commercial property in San Antonio versus perhaps 300,000 homes. Third, commercial real estate is either for the use of a business or for producing an investment return, as opposed to a house you and your family may live in.So, why invest in this area? Some of the great fortunes in the U.S. have been based on real estate. Be it the King Ranch or Donald Trump, property investment can produce returns far in excess of the rate of inflation. Diversification is fundamental to good financial planning and that means splitting up your investable… Read full this story
- The State of Real Estate in the United States
- Why Did Wells Fargo Shut Down Personal Lines of Credit?
- Krishna Kumar Karwa on how to make money in a raging bull market
- News on Lemonade, Bill.com, and Payoneer's SPAC Deal
- Is work from home here to stay?
- Banks Are Bingeing on Bonds, but Not Because They Want To
- Regis (RGS) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- How should stock market investors manage risk?
- 'When market is at record highs be sure of not trading high-quality businesses for low-quality ones'
- Baidu, Inc. (BIDU) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
Why Commercial Real Estate Investments Make Sense Now have 294 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 21, 2009. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.