Home • 57 Kieron Gillen Contributor 13th February 2009 / 12:00PM It’s been a while since the first part of this, but the talking heads have talked their heads enough for a second part. Shawn Elliot’s lobbed it up yesterday, and I’m mirroring it here. I stress again – this is both classic TL;DR and total games journalist shop talk. If that’s not your thing, probably best click on something else. However, if you want to hear games journalists yabber about review ethics…Introduction These questions and more were on the mind of N’Gai Croal, John Davison and Shawn Elliott last summer when they decided to expand their conversation to a number of noted reviewers, writers, bloggers and journalists for a published email symposium on game reviews. (See below for the full list of participants.) The planned list of topics include Review Scores (http://shawnelliott.blogspot.com/2008/12/symposium-part-one-review-scores.html); Review Policy, Practice and Ethics; Reader Backlash; Reviews in the Age of Social media; Reviews in the Mainstream Media; Casual, Indie, and User-Generated Games; Reviews vs. Criticism; and Evolving the Review. Round Two’s topic: Review Policy, Practice and Ethics. Leigh Alexander, Gamasutra/Sexy Videogameland/Variety Harry Allen, Media Assassin Robert Ashley, freelancer Tom Chick, freelancer N’Gai Croal, Level Up/Newsweek… Read full this story
- Monetary policy: A 13-year debate on unshackling the Reserve Bank
- Westpac concedes poor lending practices in explosive internal documents
- A new and vibrant SEZ policy to boost Atmanirbhar Bharat campaign
- HCMC proposes to continue implementing specific mechanisms and policies
- The Booked Review: 'The Housing Boom and Bust'
- It is the Season of FTAs but No One is Talking about India’s Outdated Foreign Trade Policy
- Dormeo mattress review: top quality at a bargain price
- Calcutta HC asks Jute Commissioner to review rate of raw jute
- Honda City hybrid review : Peerless but not flawless
- review: Field notes from India’s shrinking green zones
Symposium Prt 2: Review Policy, Practice, Ethics have 309 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at February 13, 2009. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.