1. Assess your Home’s Risk A nation wide insurance company stated that one third of the flood claims they get come from homes not in a flood prone area. It’s important to consider your real risk for a flood of any kind, and how high if a risk it is. Depending on your homes propensity to flood, the policy you choose should adjust to it accordingly. You can go to the governments flood site, FloodSmart.com, to get a better idea of your homes risk for flooding as well as some estimates for price ranges you should be expecting.2. Don’t Wait It takes awhile to finalize the process of getting flood insurance, and if a flood occurs during that process it’s not likely that you will receive coverage. If you are considering this type of insurance, then make sure you plan to purchase it well before flood or even rain season. Unfortunately, the majority of homes in Louisiana had no flood insurance during hurricane Katrina, and government handouts only go so far.3. Educate Yourself on Limits Before signing anything, make sure you know your home well and they type of flood damage it could incur. Then carefully evaluate your flood insurance… Read full this story
- 6 things Hollywood gets wrong about doctors — and 4 things it gets right
- How to get lower motorcar insurance premiums
- Have You Found Out If Your Home And Car Are Properly Insured From Flood Damages?
- For some Sandy victims, insurance falls short
- 7 Things You Should Never Do When Your Car Gets Caught In A Flood
- Nudging citizens toward doing the right thing
- The right time to get insured
- The Trump administration sure sounds like it’s getting ready for a government shutdown in September
- Obama defends Louisiana flood response
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Buying Medical Insurance For Yourself
7 Tips on Getting the Right Flood Insurance have 299 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 9, 2008. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.