Two thirds of all Americans are overweight or obese. That means when you go to the mall for every ten people you see six will be overweight or obese. Amazing! This number is growing. Soon seven out of ten people will be overweight or obese. It is now more common for adults in our society to be overweight and obese than in a healthy weight range. It’s not just adults, however. Obesity in children is also growing at alarming rates. The health consequences that these children face and are going to continue to face in their futures is a true tragedy.Of course the obvious problem with obesity is that it causes major health problems. Obesity drastically increases one’s risk for Type II diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, stroke, cancer, as well as psychological illnesses such as severe depression and complete withdraw from family/society.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC, stated that obesity will soon take over tobacco as the leading preventable cause of death. Harvard School of Public Health discovered that one third of all cancers are due to issues of nutrition, mostly obesity. It has also observed that obesity will soon be responsible for more cancers than smoking.It is… Read full this story
- Middle East struggles under the weight of an obesity epidemic
- When non-restraint methods failed, schools called police 150 times in the last 5 years
- NY Giants: Offense sputters big time, Big Blue playoff hopes dashed in 17-0 loss to Titans
- Childhood obesity is getting worse, study says
- Obesity among all US adults reaches all-time high
- Study: Obese Adolescents Are Plagued by Liver Disease
- Hey New York Times, Welcome to Writing About Pop Culture on the Internet
- Are there evolutionary roots to human obesity?
- Is there a link between antibiotics and obesity?
- Opioid settlements are a good first step. But now we need to stop the epidemic
3 Ways That Failed to Solve the Obesity Epidemic - Big Time have 307 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 17, 2008. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.