The two major health issues that our preteens and teens face today are obesity and juvenile diabetes. What they eat and what they drink are suspects in slowly leading them to their death because of their contents-the sugars or artificial sweeteners present in the products they consume.These health issues that have arisen to major proportions over the last twenty years are now transforming the landscapes of middle schools, junior high schools, and high schools across this country. Cafeterias and vending areas are being re-evaluated for the food and beverages that are being served in hopes that healthier options can be provided to our children in curbing these two major health issues.The body counts on natural sugars, called glyconutrients, to help support the body’s growth and immune systems. They include the following:o Glucoseo Galactoseo Mannoseo Xyloseo Fucoseo N-Acetyl-glucosamineo N-Acetyl-galactosamineo N-Acetyl-neuraminic acidScience Magazine – March 2001 issue devoted a large part of that issue to address the extensive research that is being conducted on glyconutrients and their potential benefits. This comes on the heels of Dr. Gunter Blobel’s 1999 Nobel Prize for Medicine for his studies in the new field of Glycobiology.The body produces its own sugars, glucose and lactose. We add… Read full this story
- Ex-Members Reveal Why They Left Church Where a Teen Was Killed – and Why They Believe It's a Mind-Controlling Cult
- CHP identifies teen woman killed in suspected DUI crash in Redwood City; driver arrested
- Westmoreland Co. Teen Who Was 14 When He Killed Mom, Brother Pleads Guilty But Mentally Ill
- Popular Florida girl, 17, who played on the boys' football team and wanted to join the Marines, is struck and killed by a suspected drunk driver while riding her bike
- Teen Mom Rachel Beaver, 17, sobs after suffering heartbreaking miscarriage in second pregnancy
- Kim Kardashian posts another sweet throwback photo of herself in her teen years with crimped hair and in a belly shirt: 'Baby K'
- Father of US teen accused of killing Italian police officer hopes video will show 'what actually happened'
- Teen Mom Jenelle Evans investigated for getting new puppy after husband David killed dog- but animal control CLEARS her
- Sarah Hyland gives her fiance Wells Adams a kiss on the Teen Choice Awards red carpet
- Ohio Teen Accused Of Stabbing Mother To Death
Preteens and Teens - Being Too Sweet Can Kill You! have 370 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 29, 2008. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.