So you think you want to establish a career where you get to work with reptiles and amphibians. If that is the case, this article is for you. Why did I write an article about getting what seems to be an easy-to-obtain job? First, there are a lot of people who contact zoos, museums, and websites asking just that question. While there are some pamphlets available that briefly address the question (ASIH, no date; SSAR, 1985), there are few other published resources available (Barthel (2004); Sprackland and McKeown, 1995, 1997; Sprackland, 2000). There are some guides to entering the academic world of biology (i.e., Janovy, 1985), but these generally focus on career paths in the university world, while the field of biology is far broader than herpetology or even organismal zoology. This article, then, gives professional colleagues a resource that may help them answer specific questions from their clients.Second, many people do not consider a career in herpetology or zoology until they reach the stage where it has become obvious that their collections have outgrown their personal resources. They either wish to expand their contact with large reptiles in a zoological park setting or perhaps wish to engage in meaningful… Read full this story
- Their Approach to Career Changes? Find a Niche, and Fill It
- When Loyalty Delays a Career Change
- Mikaela Shiffrin: 'I'd rather be hunting than hunted' in ski career
- Harris on criticism of criminal justice record: I've 'been consistent my whole career'
- Jussie Smollett paid $3,500 to stage his attack, hoping to promote his career, police allege
- Building a Career, One Academic Step at a Time
- 7 successful women explain how they got the sponsor that changed their careers
- These Two Simple Exercises Can Help You Radically Rethink Your Career
- Is career and technical education more than another fad?
- Former Google career coach shares the easy morning routine that will make you more successful
Careers In Herpetology And Herpetoculture have 304 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 26, 2008. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.