Summer of 2007, and Hollywood seems to be mesmerized by the number 3 – they seem to be adding it to the end of all the films…After all there’s Shrek 3, Spiderman 3, Jason Bourne 3, Die Hard 4, Rocky 5!Er, ok maybe those last 2 don’t count, but why the rash of number 3s?Money of course!Hollywood exists to make money pure and simple, so if a film is a huge success, it’s only good business to make a sequel – in fact it would be shockingly bad business if they didn’t!People loved the first one so much, they are guaranteed to go and see the second. If that one also makes good money, on it goes to the third, as the public haven’t shown they are tired of the film yet!Spiderman could go on indefinitely, and has many more outings yet. Shrek might be reaching the end, but the comedy does enough to keep it popular.The Bourne films are strange to me – I enjoyed the first, but found the second to be a wasted opportunity, too similar to the first. I seem to be in the minority though, and what seems to be a growing modern day alternative… Read full this story
- The 100 best films of the 21st century
- Less Shaft, more House Party: Hollywood revisits 90s black film boom
- Seven of the best French films for the summer
- MathsDay: Films that captured love for numbers
- The Festival of the Cinema, a not to miss event of the Venetian summer
- Summer Sorbet Recipe
- The best Stephen King movies … ranked!
- No New Jason Bourne Movie in the Works Right Now
- Which local shops do you miss most?
- Netflix: how will the story end?
2007 - The Summer Of The Third Film? have 278 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 31, 2007. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.