Common MisconceptionsOne of the points in this book is to alleviate some of the many misconceptions that people have about Honduras and perhaps we should start with the long lines that medical aid workers often experience as people walk for miles to visit the volunteer nurses, doctors and their assistants. There are a lot of people in need and this creates huge lines. Even though the medical mission teams go to remote areas this does not mean that there are only a few people to help at each village or stop as a Family Doctor from Canada on a medical mission in Rural Honduras states;”I am surprised to see that on our way, we go through mountains and isolated roads but when we arrive at the locations for our clinic, there are already hundreds of people waiting to be seen. Many of the local people have been walking for hours sometimes days to get there. They patiently wait outside in a very tight line under the sun. Many women are breastfeeding while standing in line. It happens frequently that a person faints from dehydration and heat stroke.”The villages are quite gracious and not everyone is without. Some homes have electricity… Read full this story
- India Lockdown 5.0: Delhi withdraws institutional quarantine order; +1000 flights to take off under Vande Bharat Mission
- 10.8 million and counting: Take a look at how many jobs Covid-19 has wiped out
- One lakh tests and still counting
- 'Walls of Love' in downtown Houston offers basics for people who are homeless
- Axis Bank is strongly aligned to govt's Digital India vision: DK Das
- Covid Speed Read: States stare at Rs 3.1 lakh uncovered losses; Pharma cos to lose pricing power as economy reopens
- Covid Speed Read: Biocon Chair Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw tests Covid-19 positive; EC to release polling guidelines amid pandemic
- 787 fresh Covid-19 cases take Delhi tally to over 1.53 lakh; death toll climbs to 4,214
- Coronavirus crisis: Digitising sector a step towards universal care
- Cal Fire Chief on SCU Lightning Complex Fire: 'We are living in a mega-fire era'
Honduras - Every Mission Counts have 333 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 22, 2007. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.