With the difficult terrain it is not easy to bring aid into the small villages in rural Honduras. Most supplies must be brought in by four-wheel drive truck over sometimes very treacherous dirt roads. Buses traveling between the large cities often get stuck, relying or hoping for locals withlarge draft animals to pull them out. Nearly every four-wheel drive vehicle that makes the journey has shovels in the back or behind the seat. When non-profit groups need to bring in machines or building supplies it is often nearly impossible to get them into the villages and this makes building a slow process.Often volunteers ride in the back holding down the equipment and or building materials, keeping their arms inside the truck or they get mudded. Still other times they must get out to prevent the vehicle from bogging down in the mud when it gets stuck. “It is a bumpy ride to say the least” stated one recent volunteer.The bumpy ride can damage materials or machines and tools being brought in and it is a long way back to civilization to get replacement parts. Thus a simple job can takes weeks and depending on the season, perhaps months to get… Read full this story
- Floods: Bank Negara announces RM200mil financing aid for affected MSMEs
- Floods: Selangor Sultan saddened by disaster but heartened by Malaysians volunteering aid
- China sends aid and offers condolences to typhoon victims in Philippines
- HIV/AIDS Activist And Icon Shawn Lang Remembered To Mark AIDS Awareness Month
- How to Ask a College for More Financial Aid
- Year that was: How Vietnam’s businesses survived historic difficulties
- Just 8 of 368 tons of U.S. aid to Venezuela actually reached country, report says
- Fact Check: Did Rush Limbaugh read a list of gay men who died as an "AIDS update"?
- Home Health Care Aides Say They Hope New Bill In Albany Will Get Them The Increase In Wages They Deserve
- Ethiopia: More misery for millions as aid delivery halted amid looting in Tigray
Difficulties of Getting Aid In Honduras have 328 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 21, 2007. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.