The longer an eating disorder goes untreated, the greater the chance there is of developing a depressive disorder, and yet at the same time, depression and other mental health problems are also known to increase the risk of developing an eating disorder. The fact is there is a relationship between depression and eating disorders and other mental health problems can coexist with both.Both depression and eating disorders are becoming increasingly common. According to the Mental Health Foundation 10% of the population in the UK will experience some form of depression every year, and 2% of women as well as some men will suffer from an eating disorder. Anorexia is more likely to affect young women whereas bulimia is more likely to affect older women and is more common than anorexia. Compulsive eating affects both women and men equally and approximately 10% of all people with eating disorders are men.What is a depressive disorder?A depressive disorder can be defined as a set of symptoms ranging from mild to severe that coexist with overwhelming feelings of sadness and an inability to take pleasure in activities that were once enjoyed to the extent that they interfere with normal daily routines. There are several… Read full this story
- Sunday Reads: WHAT’S EATING GILBERT GRAPE
- If We’re Going To Have a Big Little Lies Season 2, We Need To Talk About Jane’s Eating Disorder
- Former Nickelodeon star Jennette McCurdy opens up about her eating disorder
- How I Overcame Eating Disorder Issues and Use My Comics to Make a Difference
- ‘Dietland’ Makes Female Anger Look Good
- Garden ecotherapy: 'Here it's just easier for people to open up'
- Hot Time at the Movies: FJI previews the summer, from blockbusters to indies
- 'Maria by Callas' Director Says Film Objectively Depicts Opera Singer
- 'Generation Wealth': Berlin Review
- 'Mad Men': Betty's Season 5 Absence, Weight and What Both Say About the Character's Future
Depression Disorder, Eating have 306 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 21, 2007. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.