“We all shine on, like the moon and the stars and the sun…” John LennonA year ago today, I lost my seventeen year old nephew in a tragic car accident. Against the back drop of the imminent onslaught of Katrina, my family and I struggled to deal with the shock and disbelief of what was happening around us. We pulled close and braced for the biggest life storm yet.I have heard people refer to the ‘the phone call that changed their life’. Backing out of my driveway exactly one year ago, on a beautiful LA summer morning, I came to understand the meaning of the phrase. This morning, one year later, I relived my cell phone ringing and hearing my Mother say “Where are you right now?” she continued, “your brother wanted me to call you and let you know the boys (Thomas and John) have been in an accident on the way to school. They have been air lifted to Children’s Medical in Dallas.” I pulled back in the driveway and nothing has ever been the same. Presto changeo phone call.Family Geography 101: Being in one of the southern states during the evacuation period for Katrina brought the panic… Read full this story
- Remembering the original Big Tex, who burned down 10 years ago today
- NSW emerged from its longest lockdown a year ago today. This is how many cases the state has recorded since then
- Alec Baldwin pays tribute to Halyna Hutchins on anniversary of death: 'One year ago today'
- Auschwitz Was Liberated 75 Years Ago. Today, Anti-Semitism Is Reviving
- Monique Soltani Talks Loss, Grief, And Returning To Wine As She Resumes Wine Oh.tv For 2023
- Gold rate today: Yellow extends losses, Silver slips below Rs 58,000
- I got my eyebrows microbladed two years ago and it was the biggest mistake – now my face is stained yellow
- Over 30 years ago, The Baby-Sitters Club made space for girls from all backgrounds
- Remains of pregnant woman murdered 20 years ago found buried in garden
- 'The day I found Beatles manager Brian Epstein dead in bed 55 years ago'
A Year Ago Today: A Personal Story Of Loss, Grief And Shining On have 338 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 26, 2006. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.