Insurance is one of those things that we all need to protect us from the unforeseen. When it comes to obtaining coverage for our vehicles many of tend to find one insurer and stick with them. However, smart consumers know that by being a comparison shopper when it comes to obtaining coverage can significantly reduce their monthly premiums. Many insurers have made being a smart consumer easy by offering the ability to get a free car insurance quote directly through your computer.
One of the largest insurance companies out there that focuses most of its marketing efforts and sales online is Progress Auto Insurance. They are unique in that they not only will give you their rates, but also provide rates from competing companies. Many times they are the lowest, but on occasion other companies can beat their rates and they actually encourage you to use the other guy if they can’t match or beat the competition! Talk about customer service!
Of course, there are hundreds of insurers you could use. Since you probably don’t want to spend days or weeks online or on the phone getting quotes it is best to narrow your selection down to about 10 companies and go from there. Remember, the reputation of the company is as important as the rate you receive – you want an insurance company that will be there for you, not just one that collects the premiums and then disappears into the night when you need to file a claim.
Once you find an insurer with a good rate you might want to do a little background research on them online by seeing what others are saying. How is their customer service? What about claims handling? Do they offer low rates at first and then raise them significantly when it comes time for renewal?
Being a smart consumer means you will be able to find the best deal to meet your insurance needs while making sure you have a reputable company to stand behind you if you are ever involved in an accident.
- Car insurance prices rise across the UK by as much as four percent - are you affected?
- Half of drivers are unaware their car insurance policy could be invalidated today
- The truth about rental car insurance: Do you need it or not?
- Singles pay more for car insurance
- 5 Unusual Things that Raise Your Car Insurance Rates
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Buying Car Insurance
- Car insurance firm warns drivers they must do this one thing before Brexit deadline
- How much liability car insurance do I need?
- Tesla Heads Down New Road With Car Insurance in California
- 5 Tips for Buying Car Insurance for Teenagers