Making its debut in the fall of 1985, The Golden Girls quickly established itself as a fixture of Saturday night prime time television. Following the lives of four older women living together as roommates in Miami, the show displayed a raw wit and a biting humor. The women live in the house of Blanche Devereaux (Rue McClanahan), a Southern belle who loves men of every kind and has dated every eligible bachelor in the Miami area. Her roommates are former high school teacher Dorothy Zbornak (Bea Arthur) and St. Olaff housewife and widower Rose Nylund (Betty White). Rose loves to tell stories about her former hometown, much to the chagrin of the other girls. The three are joined by Dorothy’s mother, firebrand Sophia Petrillo (Estelle Getty), a spunky Italian immigrant who always speaks her mind. In her early-eighties, Sophia may walk at a measured pace, but the velocity of her sarcasm only increases with age.The Golden Girls (Season 2) DVD offers a number of hilarious episodes including the season premiere “End of the Curse” in which Blanche comes to the conclusion that she’s pregnant when, in reality, she’s beginning menopause. The revelation throws her into a deep depression… The season… Read full this story
- 10 Things you never knew about 'The Golden Girls'
- ‘Big Mouth’ Season 2 Review: A Stinkin’ Funny Whiff of Preteen Spirit
- Derry Girls: criminally underrated Irish sitcom fuses hilarity with political heft
- ‘The High Note’ Review: Music-Industry Diva Dramedy Is a Little Off-Key
- Golden Globes TV: ‘Homeland’ Tops; ‘Girls’, ‘Newsroom’, ‘Smash’, ‘Nashville’ & ‘Political Animals’ Make Entrance; ‘Mad Men’ Snubbed
- Golden Globes Snubs: No Love For Taraji P. Henson, Tom Hanks, Martin Scorsese, ‘Empire’, Matthew McConaughey
- Brilliant Battle of the Sexes, moving Rex and baffling Britannia – all out this week on DVD
- 70th Golden Globe Awards Nominations
- The Masked Singer: Kandi Burruss removes Night Angel mask after winning season three of hit Fox show
- Will ‘Vegas flu’ continue for Golden Knights’ opponents?
The Golden Girls (Season 2) DVD Review have 319 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 18, 2006. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.