Ha Noi pair win singing contest
HA NOI — Two students of the Ha Noi-based Hermann Gmeiner High School have beaten their peers from seven other high schools around the country to win first prize in the singing contest, Tuoi Doi Menh Mong (Infinite Years), nationally televised on Viet Nam Telelvision Channel 3 (VTV3).
The winning team sang Di Hoc (Go to School) by composer Bui Dinh Thao and were awarded a cup and VND1 million (US$62). The song Mong Uoc Ky Niem Xua (Longing for Old Days) by composer Xuan Phuong brought the second prize to competitors from the Le Quy Don High School in HCM City.
The judges also gave out a third prize, five honourable mentions, a prize for creativity and another for most beautiful costume.
The competitors were selected from 72 performances shown on VTV3 over the past six months.
The final round will be broadcast on VTV3 tomorrow at 8pm. The programme will also include interviews with audience members, competitors and judges, including musician Ngoc Chau, Nguyen Van Hien and pop singer Thuy Dung.
The competition is organised every other year by VTV and sponsored by Rohto Mentholatum Viet Nam. It was first held in 2003. — VNS
- Firms from Ha Noi and Poland seek co-operation
- Ha Noi to rebuild 30 old apartment buildings
- Nearly 200 exhibitors to join Vietnam Medipharm Expo 2019 in Ha Noi
- Philadelphia Au Pair Wins National Recognition
- Strictly's Danny John Jules is eating roast lamb for BREAKFAST in bid to win the contest
- New bus route to Noi Bai airport opens in June
- Former American Idol contestant Antonella Barba, 31, arrested for dealing heroin - seven years after being busted for shoplifting
- 'Shop Contest: Sonic Returns, Winners!
- Qatar World Cup coverage has been unfair, says 2022 chief executive
- Kate Garraway wears green dress for Sing It To Win It, but it's a secret playsuit