The first half of 2000 was exceptionally strong for most chip stocks and the odd specialty software developer, but money-losing Internet retail and infrastructure stocks took a beating as investors shied away from stocks that were hyped as the next great sectors on Wall Street. Before delving into the statistics, it’s important to note that measuring any stock’s performance or lack thereof over such a short period of time invariably results in some exaggerated results. One dismal earnings report or a major contract win can make an enormous difference in such a short timeframe. But that disclaimer should take nothing away from Rambus, the DRAM manufacturer that led all technology stocks with a 511 percent improvement in the first half of the year. Surging from just under $17 a share in late December, Rambus moved up to $103 a share by the end of June. It also delivered a four-for-one stock split. Rambus and other chipmakers chip makers have reaped the benefits of surging demand for PCs, network equipment and video game consoles. But perhaps the biggest breakthrough for Rambus came last month when it settled a pair of patent infringement lawsuits with Toshiba and Hitachi. Both Japanese electronics manufacturers… Read full this story
- 'It's by a Blogger': Jezebel's 10 Reviews
- Theater Review: The Go-Go’s Go to Grad School in
- Airports scramble to handle drone incidents
- Scott Morrison refuses to rule out a merger for the ABC and SBS as he tries to slash spending on public broadcasting
- A Non-Fanboy's Spoiler-Laden And Mostly Cranky Review Of
- Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Movie Review: Chiranjeevi Starrer Wins The Mission, Hands Down!
- Review: Liz Phair’s ‘Girly-Sound to Guyville’ Tells Full Story of an Indie Classic
- Comic Book Reviews for This Week: 12/04/2019
- ‘Jada’ movie review: A confused mess that’s neither a sports-drama nor a horror flick
- I Helped Write the Rules the Trump Administration Has Sought to Corrupt
First half review: Rambus rules, Egghead scrambled have 307 words, post on www.zdnet.com at July 9, 2000. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.